Tuesday, December 30, 2008

tea time

so of course the popular social question at this time of year is what one will be doing for New Year's Eve. Perhaps a wild party, or perhaps a quite night at home.
I know I'm rather excited this year. I was inspired by my friend who spent a semester in London, and my own personal love of England; to recreate the fashionable "high tea" party. I'm sure it won't really be anything like what they would have over the pond but we'll do our best. One major difference is that we'll be having cocoa rather than tea. We don't drink tea and frankly cocoa sounds infinitely better to me, but that might be a personal thing. Along with cocoa we'll be having my interpretation of tea dainties and all that sort of thing. We'll also be dressing up in our formal attire and if I can get everyone to do it (and if it's not too painful to listen to) using British accents.
It may not be the wild party that some are looking forward too but I'm excited. Happy New Year and all that. Don't drink and drive if you drink.

No comments: