Saturday, July 9, 2011

I know I haven't done very good about blogging about Italy, I'm not going to continue the previous post today, this will be about the pantheon. The pantheon is probably one of the oldest churches/temples out there, and I believe it's been in use from its pagan days until present in its life as a catholic church. The pantheon was the biggest dome until the Duomo in Florence was finished. The pantheon was studied by those who built the renaissance domes. It's absolutely beautiful in the Pantheon, the dome is gorgeous and made even more so by the wonderful effect of the light coming down from the oculus. We wandered around a little bit, seeing the beauty and the tombs of important Italians and then we sat for a while, listened to an audio tour and just took it all in. I think it's one of my favorite places that we visited in Italy.

No comments: