Monday, June 3, 2013

So I haven't been doing well on the Shakespeare Project. As I may have mentioned, May's play was Romeo and Juliet, I realized on June 1st that I was about half way through. I've still yet to finish it. I still don't know that I agree with my Shakespeare professor that it's an amazing romance (I wrote a paper arguing that what R and J did was somewhat stupid, (I think I still got a B or better even though my teacher disagreed with me)). Perhaps because I think about where I was when I was R and J's ages, perhaps teens were more mature then but to me their love is puppy love not worth suicide. To be sure it's an interesting story... I don't know. I'll see about reporting back again when I do finish the play, which should be this week. Next up a comedy, I'm thinking the Tempest.

No comments: