Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Shakespeare update

I've made my way through a few more of Shakespeare plays. I read Antony and Cleopatra and watched a filmed version. I didn't love it and the version of the play was helpful but not overly exciting. I didn't love the play. I've also read The Merchant of Venice, there are many issues to think about in the Merchant of Venice, I don't know that they are resolved to my liking in the play...or even at all but that does seem to be common in the works of Shakespeare.
I have learned more about some of the plays, maybe I'm the only one, but I hadn't realized that Richard II came before Henry IV and has an impact on it. I'm currently reading the first part of Henry VI but I'm excited to watch the Hollow Crown, including Richard II through Henry V and then go back to read Richard II.

No comments: