Saturday, November 29, 2008

Classic Movies

I love the great old movies, I've been revisiting my love this semester as I've been introducing my roommate to them. My roommate had never heard of Carey Grant, and so I had to fix this. There's so many great old movies, in many ways they don't make movies like they used to. I'm not saying that they don't make good movies today but I think they make a lot fewer movies that are truly great.
In going through to find movies my roomie should see, I've been trying to remember all the really great ones that everybody ought to see, along with that I've been finding even more that I need to see.
I thought I'd make a list of movies
Spellbound: Peck, Bergman, Directed by Hitchcock. It's a really awesome movie
To Kill A Mockingbird: Peck This is both a movie and a book and both are just wonderful.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington: Stewart, Aurther, Rains. A very good and moving movie.
Only Angels Have Wings: Grant, Aurther. A little known movie, it's a romance, quite good.
We're No Angels: Bogart I was very surprised at this movie, I wasn't expecting very much but it was very funny and quite sweet. Incidentally it's a Christmas movie.
Roman Holiday: Hepburn(A), Peck One of Audrey Hepburn's first movies, Rome, Hepburn, Peck, what more could you ask for?
Casablanca: Bogart, Bergman, Rains. Probably one of, if not the best, movies of all time.
Sabrina: Hepburn(A), Bogart, Holden. I love this movie, I prefer this version to the one with Harrison Ford, but they're both good.
Philadelphia Story: Stewart, Grant, Hepburn(K). A good classic movie
Bringing Up Baby: Grant, Hepburn(K). Kookie, crazy and very funny.
North by North West: Grant, directed by Hitchcock. A great Hitchcock thriller.
Breakfast at Tiffany's: Hepburn(A), Peppard. Not to everyone's taste but I've always liked it.
Operation Petticoat: Grant, Curtis. A submarine that takes on women and then gets painted pink. It's quite funny.
How To Steal A Million: Hepburn(A), O'Toole They break into a museum and steal something. Funny, good pace.
Paris - When it Sizzles: Hepburn(A), Holden. Hilarious, that's all I have to say
There's a lot more but that's all I'm gonna do for now.

No comments: