Monday, May 31, 2010

Julia

I recently watched Julie and Julia for the first time and I really enjoyed it. It's a very sweet and funny movie. I've been thinking about parts of the movie, in the movie Julia Childs signed herself up for the professional levle cooking classes because she was bored with basic classes. In the first class everyone was cutting onions (you know like chefs do where you hope and pray they don't take off the tips of their fingers) and Julia had to be shown the correct way to do it because she was going so slowly. Instead of crying and giving up like many might do, in the next scene we see Julia with a huge pile of chopped onions; I was very impressed with her determination in going home and practicing until she was just as good as everyone else, going on to lead her class. So I encourage you as well as myself to be like Julia!

No comments: