Sunday, October 24, 2010

A cool experience

Today I got to sing at the conference center in the choir loft for a regional broadcast that was broadcast to people all over the area. It's been a pretty cool experience, to see the conference center from a different perspective, to sit in the same seats that the famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir routinely sit in, and to read the teleprompter while apostles are speaking and to know when they deviate from their writen talks.
The conference was wonderful with a great spirit and so many wonderful talks and insightful messages including talks by Elder Nelson and President Uchtdorf. The choir sang beautifully (I'm not tooting my own horn here, I was only a small part of the choir and not the best part by a long shot). It was a rare experience and I'm grateful to have been a part of it. I'm also grateful that the conference is over, we worked long and hard to sound our best, the songs were beautiful but challenging.

No comments: