Thursday, August 12, 2010

Let it go

Little Wonders by Rob Thomas

This song and the movie it's from, Meet the Robinsons, fit in rather nicely with some things that I've been thinking about lately. I recently attended a workshop where the speaker was talking about the power of positive thinking, and our thoughts in general. Our thoughts are more important than we might realize, if we tell ourselves that we can't do something, than we can't, think about how many unnecessary limits we impose on ourselves through our thoughts. On the other hand, if we can tell ourselves something, and really truly believe it (which might take some repitition), then we can do it.
I've decided that I don't wnat to hold myself back anymore and so I'm going to be working on making myself believe that I can accomplish those things that I want to do.
You can do it too.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love Little Wonders and your post

Your post reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Nurture your mind with great thoughts, for you will never go any higher than you think.
-Benjamin Disraeli

jm said...

I like that quote a lot!