Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tarzan

I really enjoyed the Disney movie Tarzan when it came out several years ago, the characters, animation and music are all wonderful. A few years ago I heard that Disney was making a musical of a few Disney movies including Tarzan; I couldn't really see it going well and didn't think much more about it. A year or two after that I had a roommate who'd seen the show in New York and had the sound track and through listening to it with her I came to enjoy the extra songs that hadn't been in the movie. Recently I've been listening to the soundtrack of the musical and liking it more and more with every listen. This summer I found out that Tarzan would be performed locally and dreamed of going but figured that it wouldn't happen.
I got to go though, I recently saw Tarzan and I loved it; I don't have pictures however because they weren't allowed. I think a lot of the show's success is due to the fact that the music and lyrics are by Phil Collins. The story is modified from the movie but is still quite enjoyable.One of the coolest things of the performance was the flying/vine swinging that Tarzan and the gorillas did. They had multiple zip line type lines on various paths across the stage and over the audience and the actors could go across. My new fantasy dream job is to be a bungee gorilla for Tarzan.
I highly recommend Tarzan.

No comments: