Saturday, January 24, 2009

escape route

As much as I love my home and the beauty of it, I need to escape, I need to get out, there's a great big world and I need to see it. I went to New York City a few years ago, and while I could never live there, I've been aching to get back ever since.






In New York I got to go to central park, to the Metropolitan Museum of art, it's a very strange and wonderful feeling to see things in person that you've always heard about, to see a painting in a wall that you've read about in your text book... it's thrilling.
New York isn't the only place to see though. I grew up watching quite a few travel shows, I loved my history classes, I hear about things, places, customs, I want to see them. I want to learn, I want to know.



There is so much to see, so much that people have created, so much that I want to create. I can no longer be content just hearing of things, reading of things, seeing the pictures.



So my friends, I will be off to see the world, as soon as I have the money. Should you care to contribute, let me know.

No comments: