Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"to be or not to be, that is the question..."

first off, there are fifty bonus points to whomever can tell me the origins of the title of this post.

Moving on to the purpose of this post. Facebook, the craze that's sweeping, not just the nation but, the world. I held out on getting it for quite a while after hearing about it, I don't remember what brought me around to it...probably some boy... but I have since converted and spent countless unproductive hours on the site. In my defense it is about the only way I get any contact with two of my very good friends, both of whom live in different states from me. It is not all unusual for me to spend at least a half an hour on the site and to check the site quite frequently during my day, especially when bored or putting off homework.
It's rather remarkable how the site has evolved, when I first joined it was mainly a college thing, gradually high schoolers joined and the odd person's mom (the amount of people's mom's was small not the people themselves being small) but now I have uncles and aunts on and even cousins who are under 10. It's a crazy world we live in.
I have been taking a few days off of facebook, for various reasons, and I had originally intended to stay away all week, but now on day four, I'm think of calling it quits. I would feel pretty dumb if I did but at the same time it seems that whether I like it or not, a lot of my social interaction takes place on the internet. Now that I think about it though, the first week of the new semester was not the best choice of times to quit, maybe I could try it again later when my routine's settled and I know people in my new classes or something. We'll see...

No comments: