Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A smile


According to the musical Annie, one is never dressed without one's smile. Another quote a friend of mine is fond of is "Never frown because you never know who may be falling in love with your smile." While these sentiments are a tad cheesy, they also contain a certian amount of truth, I know many people who have remarked that they have been cheered when seeing the smiling face of an acquaintance. I know that I was also so cheered today when I was enthusiastically greeted by a friend on my way to campus. It's nice to think that someone starts smiling upon seeing you, and are even excited to have seen you. I don't know that I'm always smiling, it's easy to become preoccupied but I think I'm going to work on smiling much more. I do know from experience that it can lighten your mood, so why not smile?

No comments: