Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentimes Day. I hope everyone out there feels loved. Note: while it's certianly nice to have romantic love, it's not the only love out there. My freshmen year my next door neighbor introduced us all to her celebration of Love Week, and it's stuck with me. I haven't really ever celebrated Love Week in the way that this girl did but I have come to love the idea of just celebrating love. We can all love and be loved, family, friends, roommates, significant others, etc. The famous Beatles song is quite true, "All you need is love" Life without love would be flat and sad. I hope you feel loved today and make others feel loved. Making this day a day of love and not of exclusion or depression starts with you and me. Spread the love. And remember, you are never unloved, there is always someone who loves you.

No comments: