Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I really enjoy landscapes but for one reason or another they aren't aren't featuring much in my art work at present. I am a lover of natural beauty though and as I have probably mentioned previously, a big fan of mountains and sunsets. I've been working on taking more pictures lately and trying to make the pictures I take a higher quality. I've never had any training in photography and I don't intend to ever do photography professionally but I guess I've been inspired by a lot of people around me. A fair amount of my friends and relations are into photography and pursuing it professionally. I'm coming to realize that unsurprisingly there are some direct correlations between painting/drawing and photography. While it's very important to have working knowledge of design and composition in making a piece, you'll be able to make your work all the better for using quality materials. I had a hard time accepting this in school, as any poor college student might, but I finally broke down and bought myself some really good brushes and I'm here to tell you nothing you find at Michael's can compare to them, they were not cheap but they are quality products and the difference is very noticeable. Getting back to my point in looking at these pictures I took, they don't accurately portray the sky because of my camera. They could have been a lot better with a higher quality camera...and also if I'd had my camera with me when I first noticed the sky instead of several minutes later. Oh well.

2 comments:

Melanie and Jake said...

I know what you mean about the camera. I would LOVE to get a SLR camera like Amanda's but it isn't going to happen anytime soon!

jm said...

yeah me too, someday though