Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

I saw that this book was a mini sersie (not knowing it was a book) on someone's blog and decided to get it from the library. When I was searching the name I found there was also the book so I put them both on hold and the book came first. Cranford is by Elizabeth Gaskell who also wrote North and South, and Wives and Daughters. I've enjoyed the books and the mini serieses of both of these. It's nice to look back at another period in time by reading a book like this. I loved this book, tales of the old spinsters and widows of the town of Cranford. The stories are heart warming and made me want to be a better person. I can't wait to see the mini serise, especially because Judi Dench is in it and she's a fantastic actress. I whole heartedly reccomend this!

No comments: