Thursday, December 2, 2010

Music and the T


I know I had the big long Boston post yesterday, but there's so much more that I didn't fit in. So I thought I might share a bit more as I go. Today, the subway, they call it the T in Boston. They have four or five lines: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, and silver but I think that one's more of an airport line. My favorite was the blue line which has nice new clean trains and nice stations but we only rode that a few times on our last day. My second favorite was the red line, still very nice trains and stations and we rode that a fair bit. The green and orange lines were pretty comprable from what I remember, we only rode the orange line once to get us to China town, but we rode the green line a lot to get us to a lot of museums etc. The green line is old and grubby, it's got terribly squeeky brakes and runs a bit more like buses do. So there you have it, my thoughts on the subway system in Boston. You can wake up now.

I also decided that I might share some of my favorite Christmas music, I realized in my years of listening to radio Christmas music at work, that I didn't grow up listening to a lot of mainstream Christmas music... if there is such a thing. You can keep I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, and Grandma got Run Over by a Reindeer, in my opinion the writers of those songs should be punished. You can also keep My Grown Up Christmas List (a little part of me died when I learned that Michael Buble had sung that song) and the Christmas Shoes. Most of my favorite Christmas music isn't played on the radio but it's beautiful. A lot of my favorites come from the Christmas concerts that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir do each year. My first song to share is from the 2008 concert with Brian Stokes Mitchell, the song is The Friendly Beasts. I was lucky enough to attend this concert and they asked us before the song started, to be quite and not laugh, etc. so that they could get a good recording, they hadn't been able to the previous evenings. I had my fist in my mouth trying not to laugh, or atleast not be audible. Enjoy

No comments: