Friday, December 3, 2010

Today's memory of Boston is the Holocaust Memorial, I guess Boston has a large Jewish community. The memorial was quite powerful, a path covered in glass with three or four glass towers and on the glass, very small, were the number of the people in concentration camps. There were soo many number, I know that should be obvious but it was a little startling to see them all together. There were also quotes from survivors, or soldiers who helped to liberate the camps. Lots of little stones on some of the stone slabs with quotes and facts, which to my understanding is the Jewish equivalent of putting flowers on a grave. I think it's important for us to remember the Holocaust and to have that little shock of realization that comes from meeting the reality of something in a history book.

As for today's Christmas music, we have several Kurt Bestor albums and probably half of them are Christmas albums. I really enjoy his style and I've grown up with this music, it's definitely a part of Christmas for me. This is his arrangement of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. Enjoy.

No comments: