Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I love getting to do what I do. I love getting to paint at my pleasure. I love that I no longer am hampered by classes and homework and part time job that steal my time, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that I went to school and all that but I did it wrong, art was usually where I could fit it in and my other homework got precedence because those teachers were more demanding, and then I realized how stupid it was. I love that I can work on and explore ideas and interests that I have, creating series' and learning how and what I want. I have loved the freedom to learn my interests and now at my own pace and enthusiasm. I love that I'm sending my work out and joining the art world and I loved it even more when I was accepted into the show I submitted to.
It makes me sad though that my caring and well meaning friends and family are always suggesting jobs I could try, "real jobs". It makes me sad that more people don't study art because they don't believe they can support themselves or a family doing it.

No comments: