Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shakespeare Anyone?

I've been wanting to improve myself by reading more Shakespeare, perhaps even his complete works (how cool would it be to be able to say you've read them all?). I figured that it might be more fun to invite anyone interested to join me in my reading and start a reading group. My idea is to have people read the plays together (e.g. at the same time, not nescisarrily the same place) and be able to discuss them, watch movies of the plays (because a play is always better once you've seen it) or where posssible the actual plays themselves. I guess the idea came to me because I really loved the Shakespeare class I took and I miss it. If desired perhaps members of said group could even get together to act out scenes of the plays that are read.
So if you're interested in this at all, let me know. If you have a play that you'd like the group to read, then let it be known and if you have any other comments, let's hear them.
If it becomes feasible to do so, I might make a blog for the group so that everyone had a place to participate.
So if you love Shakespeare, or want to try to, join on up.

No comments: