Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Education

I've graduated from college but I've started to put myself through my own education program. I had a lot of things that were recommended to me to read while I was in school but I didn't end up reading most of them. Since I graduated I've had more time on my hands and so I've started making a dent in the list of books and papers that I was told to read over the four years of school. The list is quite a lengthy one. Until recently my reading efforts were nothing that would strain myself, they progressed slowly and without a lot of enthusiasm. I don't recall what changed lately, I suppose perhaps just knowing that I had lots of library books and in the past that I never got to and they just sat on the shelf I decided to launch in. It's a bit like having my own school, with no tests, no homework (other than the reading, obviously) and no GEs that I'm not interested in. I'm getting a lot done and I'm excited about it. It's also really cool because the books that I'm reading, while different and separate from one another, they all seem to be related to one another. I'm really enjoying it and learning a lot.

1 comment:

N@ said...

Awesome! Yay for reading! Woo!