Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Reading Update

So I've read a few of the books and papers on this list. I've now read both The Luscher Color Test and The 4 Color Person by Dr. Max Luscher and I thought that they were both quite interesting. I've never taken any classes in psychology or anything like that and so a lot of what he talks about is rather alien to me but I found the color test to be pretty acurate and a lot of what Dr. Luscher said in The 4 Color Person made a lot of sense. I highly recomend both of these books.
The False Gods We Worship by President Spencer W. Kimball was also on my list and I read it tonight. It is a very powerful essay (forgive me if that's not the right term). I think what President Kimball said was very true. I was reminded of a Calvin and Hobbes comic strip while reading, where Calvin presents his god or idol of T.V. with a bowl of tapioca to represent his brain... anyway I think it's really true that we get so caught up by things like T.V. that we sell ourselves short of all the other things that are out there.

No comments: