Friday, January 22, 2010

Pondering The Atonement of Jesus Christ: A Two Week Journey; also a pencil

A few summers ago the Relief Society in my ward gave us a little packet and challenged us to read the things assigned for two weeks in order to gain a better understanding of the atonement. I did it then and honestly I don't really recall what I thought of it but I kept the little packet and I found it the other day when looking for something else. Today I decided to do the two week reading challenge over again, and I decided to share it here for anyone else who might be interested in doing it.

The first card in the pack say: Pondering The Atonement of Jesus Christ: A Two Week Journey
The following card says: Faithfully read and carefully ponder the questions and scriptures on each card. Just one card each day for two weeks. As you take this journey you will find our Savior at your side, and you will more fully understand His matchless gift and come to know him better.

Today's card says:
Day 1
Why is the atonement necessary?

2 Nephi 2:6-8

Alma 12:25-34
Alma 11:42-44 (Resurrection/for all)
John 3:16-17 (Eternal life/ for some)

In other news, I'm pretty excited (in an art-geeky way) because I just got a replacement for a drawing pencil that I lost. I love my Farber Castell pencils.

No comments: