Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Anne

I posted that my thoughts had been turning to Anne of Green Gables, and I have indeed been getting my Anne fix, I decided to bump Anne up on my reading list and I have been voraciously reading my way through L. M. Montgomery's books. I've read all the books before, but not for a while and only ever read Anne of Green Gables once before, I've found that I can appreciate the books much better now than I might have in the past and I've been enjoying them immensley. Right now I'm reading Anne of Ingleside.
When I started reading the books again I was also looking foreword to watching the movies again, I haven't watched them for years, but as I read through the books I found that the movies were becoming less and less appealing to me. I used to think that the first movie was a very good representation of the book but I no longer think so. Megan Follows, who plays Anne in the movies used to be the epitome of Anne Shirley, now I find that while I envision most of the characters as they are in the movies, Megan Follows is not my Anne anymore, I think that may have spoiled the movies more than anything else. It's very curious how things like that change.

4 comments:

Melanie and Jake said...

Oh, I love the movies! I haven't read the books yet, hopefully they don't make me like the movies less too.

jm said...

who knows, it's taken me a while to feel that way though so who knows.

Kayla said...

What a coincidence! I found the whole series at the DI a week ago and I'm about halfway through Anne of Green Gables. It's the first time I've read them, and I love it so far. It does give me an itch to watch the movies. I think I'll still love them, even though I can see differences between Book Anne and Movie Anne. (I think I will always love Movie Anne.)

jm said...

That's awesome! You will love the books! As for the movies, I still do love them, just maybe not quite so much as when I was in high school...