Saturday, July 17, 2010

Mormon Tabernacle Choir

I got to go to a Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert last night and it was really awesome. We got to sit on the plaza of the Conference Center and we were only a few rows back. President Monson was at the concert and it was the closest I think I've ever been to him, he was only 50 to 100 feet away.This concert was especially cool because they were celebrating 100 years of the choir making recordings; they had songs from various stages of the choir's history and had videos with history of the choir.
I've sort of taken the choir for granted, I've always known about them and so I guess I never really thought about what a big deal they are and how great of a choir they are. I've recently become more aware of what a great feat the choir is, they're an award winning choir, they've traveled the world and sung for Presidents and I believe for royalty and they're a choir of volunteers.
Here's the choir singing Come Thou Fount, you can find tons more of them on YouTube or their website.

1 comment:

Melanie and Jake said...

We just got the 100 most requested CD. It's great but it's SO much better to see them live. I miss the Christmas concerts!