Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter



It's Easter, and a very happy one to all. It's been a fun weekend, cleaning up grandma's yard, going to a bridal shower and going home for my mom's birthday which happened to be on Easter this year.
It was strange being in a family ward, after a few years in a single's ward, I forget how loud it can get in a ward with lots of little kids. I don't know if it was the kids or me but I wasn't focusing on what's really important for most of church today.
I hadn't been thinking about the reasons why we celebrate Easter, far more than bunnies and candy, all that's fun, but Easter's a very important holiday. I celebrate Easter because of the sacrifice made by Jesus Christ; he suffered for the sins of the world. The atonement it such a big gift, not only does it mean that I have the chance to repent of my sins, to be a better person and learn from my mistakes, but also that no matter what happens, the savior always knows how I feel, no matter how alone or sad, etc. he can understand because he has gone through that same thing for me. It's a very comforting thing to know. I'm very grateful for it.

Happy Easter

No comments: