Thursday, April 9, 2009

thinking


Here's a beautiful picture to start it off, I don't know who took it but they did a good job.
I find myself at a crossroads in life, leaving school, moving, starting my chosen profession, there's a lot going on. It's sometimes hard not to feel overwhelmed and frightened of the new and unknown. I know that I'm capable and that I can handle what comes my way, mostly I'm excited about this new phase in life, but sometimes it's quite daunting. I don't like the thought of no longer meeting weekly with my mentor for advise, fascinating knowledge and a wealth of experience. I don't feel like I've learned all that I need to, I don't know that I'm ready; however I do know a lot, I can do this, and should I need to talk with my mentor, I'm not moving far from school and he'll still be there. It will be alright, I can do this, I will not succumb to those well meaning individuals who ask if I've thought about teaching because the starving artist rep seems so prevalent. I will not teach school and I will prove them wrong...there determination and stubbornness to replace doubt.

No comments: