Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strange but true

I've kindof missed blogging...

In other news, I love and hate technology. My apartment's internet has been out for a week now and it's not been enjoyable. I'm kindof an internet junkie. I've found that I can get along quite well without it, but in my current station in life, I'd really rather not. Also I might have somehow killed my camera last night. I was trying to upload pictures and it suddenly and without warning died on me. Hopefully recharging the batteries will solve it's problems.

I have been slightly obsessed with geometry and patterns of late as that's what the pieces I'm working on are all about. I found this website and I thought that it was really awesome. I love being able to find out how people make patterns. I've also come to find that the longer you look at them and focus on them (over lengthy time, not a few hours) the easier they become.

I'm really excited to move back home after graduation. I'm excited to bug my brothers, paint all the day long, cook awesome food and have access to a really awesome library system that has tons of the movies I haven't been able to get my hands on while I've been at school.

I learned how to gild last week and I'm uber excited about it. I think I want to attempt more gilding when I go home and don't have to worry about things like homework... who does that anyway... oh yeah, on the lines of gilding, tomorrow I also get to learn real egg tempera, not the stuff in tubes but the stuff with real eggs required! I'm super excited, and I think you'd have to be an art nerd to understand why...you might not really even get it then.

I plan on going to FLORENCE!!!!! next summer, to study at the academy of art there for two months and I really, really, really am excited to go. Florence is awesome, not to mention the fact that it's in ITALY. Wow, so cool. And I'll be improving my drawing, seeing works of art that I've sat through countless art history lectures about! Viva Italia!

Of my friends gets back from her mission at the end of the month and I'm so excited to see her again, it seems like ages since I've seen her, not just a year and a half.

I have a very deep love of pizza which makes my roommates both amazed and laugh at me. I truly deeply love pizza, I think I could eat it for a long time without getting sick of it, however, this being said the weekend where I ended up having pizza for four meals in a row was a tad bit much. I would have pizza for dinner tonight if I could. As it is I may have to settle for a grilled cheese sandwich.

This is a fairly long and random post, without pictures (sorry, camera disaster). It is also time that I should be getting ready to go to Italian so ciao.

2 comments:

Melanie and Jake said...

That is so cool you get to go to Italy!!!

I am still waiting for pictures of your artwork!

jm said...

they're up on facebook now