Friday, July 10, 2009

Bloomability

Bloomability by Sharon Creech is another on of my favorite young adult books. Frankly I still really like that age range because they're easy to read but can be fun stories. I reread Bloomability in one afternoon/evening. I love this book for how different it is from almost everything I've read, all those books, and it's got such a posative look at life and carpe deim, although that phrase is never mentioned in the book. The book's main character is Dinnie who's life has been very different from mine and I'd wager to say, very different from most people. Dinnie and her family have had a somewhat nomadic existance moving from one spot and "oppertunity" to another. Suddenly Dinnie finds herself with an aunt and uncle in Switzerland where they work at a boarding school. This book is about Dinnie's "oppertunity" and the people she meets there. I highly recommend it.

No comments: