Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dear Seattle...

I love you. This weekend my family went on a reunion in Washington state and we got to spend an hour or two in Seattle. I'd never been to Seattle before and I thought it was AWESOME! It was a Sunday, so all we did was drive and walk around and that was kind of a bummer because we hardly saw anything there, I can't wait to go back there some day and really see Seattle. Anyway we did see some cool stuff while we were there.These shots are from when we were driving into the city.

We also went to the waterfront, it was sooo beautiful there, I have been thinking that I might like to live in a port city some day. Unfortunately my camera died at the waterfront so I don't have pictures of all the cool stuff we saw. While we were at the water front though we got to see the famous Pikes Place market and the fish market which is also famous for those guys who throw the fish...they weren't actually throwing the fish at that point in the day but they were still there.
We also went to Auburn, Washington to see my uncle's memorial which had a stunning view of Mt. Raineer.
This is what it was like at the cabinwhere we were staying. Washington is so green and it's kinda weird, you can't hardly see for all the trees.

2 comments:

Melanie and Jake said...

What?!? You were in Seattle and didn't call us! We live 30 min north of Seattle in Everett. Washington is beautiful. We'll miss it... (except for the 9 months of cloudy skies and rain.)

jm said...

Sorry, I don't think we realized we'd be able to go to Seattle, we thought of you guys when we passed Boeing but after we walked around for a little while we were just ready to be done. It really is beautiful there. I'm excited to see you guys when Kevin gets back though.