Monday, July 27, 2009

New Painting

It's so exciting to be starting out on a new painting. I generally sort of dred laying out the outlines and setting up dimensions but once I get to the actual painting that's all forgotten. I'm really excited about this painting, I've been planning to do it for months. I originally intended to do it in oil which has been part of the hold up, I'm not set up right now to work on oil painting, but I decided it could be done just as well, maybe even better in watercolor so it's under way. Now that I've started I wish that I hadn't waited so long, I'm painting something really beautiful that I saw one morning as I was walking to work and I can't remember it quite as vividly any more. I held off because I've been working on a serise and this piece doesn't go with the serise but now it's under way and I can't wait to get it all down like I remember it.

No comments: