Thursday, July 23, 2009

Update on Goals

So, it's been a few weeks and I suppose I should report on them. I am loving the dictionary project, utterly geeky/nerdy/etc. as it may seem I have really loved doing it. I have thirty some-odd words that I'm finding definitions for. I like finding new words and bigger/better words to express myself with; it's very interesting to find out what words, even commonly used word, are defined as. One of my favorite resources is the Oxford English Dictionary, it's so massive and very thourough. I've really enjoyed having this project and look forward to furthering my efforts.
Next goal, the reading of the Book Of Mormon in German, Italian, and ASL: I've kept this goal up...with the exception of being out of town(it would have been a lot to pack). It was rewarding yesterday when I could read a few verses in Italian by myself. Italian was the most recent language I've studied and that's probably why I can do so well, I'm not remembering as much ASL as I'd like but I am finding some things coming back to me and German...is the hardest, I haven't had any classes for about three years and I find I get my pronunciation a bit confused with Italian but I'm doing what I can.
As for the goal of reading... I'm still reading Vitruvius and Jung regularly but I haven't done so well on reading other things. I took a stab at Grimm's Fairy Tales but I haven't gotten very far there or much interest to go further. I do have a bunch of unread library books that I just renewed so I suppose I'd better get on top of reading some of those.
I almost forgot my goal to exercise, which shows how well that's been going. I have had some improvement in that aspect but there's lots of room for improvement there.

No comments: