Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The creative process.

It's so exciting starting a new series...strike that, it's so exciting when you've got the inspiration for a new series and you're rolling with it. it is not actually fun when you're working on new ideas that seemed so cool and then so stupid when you put them on paper. When I've gotten the inspiration for a new series it's so awesome, doing research and at times it seems that on every new page that I read there's more awesome ideas. You may have noticed my interest in bees of late, I don't remember how or why it came about but my next series is going to be about bees, and honey and that sort of thing. There's so much symbolism that goes with bees and honey and beehives, it's been really cool learning about them. I've learned the basics of the life of your average honey be and somewhat how a hive functions, it's simply fascinating and I can see why they've accumulated so much in culture.
Now being slightly nerdy about bees it was very exciting when, while taking pictur
es of flowers I spotted a bee at work gathering nectar, a bumble bee but I still got a picture.
I'm excited to start painting again tomorrow, so far this series hasn't left the sketch book, it's all just been in the planning stages and a lot of it still is but tomorrow I'll be happily painting again.

No comments: