Saturday, August 29, 2009

flowers and geometry

Flowers are beautiful, I know that, I'm sure we all do but lately I've been looking closer at flowers and taking lots of pictures of them. I believe earlier in the summer I was thinking of using flowers in a serise, now I look to find bees in them and also they're really beautiful. I've noticed in this last little while, just how geometric flowers are, you might not think of them like that at first or even second glance, but they are. Take these flowers for example, when the flower's open you can't really tell but in this picture where it's closed you can see that it has five petals and makes a pentagon.This hibiscus is also five sided.And these petunias (I think).This flower has tons of petals, and it's almost like a rose window in a cathedral.And these little flowers have eight petals, like an octagon.Flowers are pretty, but they follow patterns, patterns of shape and number that make them unique and beautiful.

2 comments:

crissy // mama boss said...

Flowers are pretty amazing.

Thanks for your comment. :) I hadn't even thought to look online.

jm said...

no problem, sorry it probably came to late.