Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday

I have had such a great Sunday. I got to hear a wonderful Relief Society lesson on Elder Oak's talk on service. I then got the opportunity to go and hear two of my friends give their homecoming talks. They were brother and sister and were out at the same time, both in Mandarin Chinese speaking missions. I hadn't seen them at all for a few years and not much before that since our freshmen year; I remembered that they were both amazing individuals but I didn't expect the incredible spirit I felt as they both told of wonderful and miraculous experiences they'd had and bore their testimonies. I wish I could always feel the Spirit so strongly and that everybody could know that feeling. I then went to church at my own ward where the Bishop gave us a lesson on faith and referenced the Lectures on Faith, which I'd never heard of but I now want to read them. As I understand it the Lectures on Faith are a sort of study in faith and came through revelations to various brethren in the church. In Sunday School our lesson was on section 135 of the Doctrine and Covenants, which was written by John Taylor on the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. I can't recall what the speakers talked on in sacrament meeting, I just remember that it was very good and that the spirit was there. Sunday is a great day and it's nice to be able to go to church and get back on track, ready for the week ahead; to be reminded of your beliefs and to reset your goals to do and be better.

No comments: