Friday, May 29, 2009

And once again as it is Friday, it's time for the movie report. This weeks stars are Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn and no, Sabrina, the one movie they star in together, is not one of the movies I saw this week (however I have seen it many times and could write about it if asked).
People Will Talk: Okay so this isn't actually Hepburn or Bogie, it's yet another Carey Grant movie. It's a fun movie with some interesting plot twists. I quite liked the part about the trains. It's a fun movie.
How To Steal A Million: I love this movie, it's very funny and in the crime thriller family. Audrey Hepburn plays a French girl who's father forges paintings, much to her dismay. Circumstances occur which force her to break into an art museum to protect her father from going to jail.
High Sierra: One of Bogie's big break through movies. A crime thriller, much more so than the previous movie. Love, crime, mountains, a lovable dog... Not my favorite but alright.
Two For The Road: Another Audrey Hepburn movie. The character she plays in this movie is more on the Holly Golightly side of things than the sweet innocent girls Hepburn quite often played. I liked this movie, I think, but it was very sad, it's the story (shown all out of cronolgical sequence) of a couple thorough their relationship together and their travles. It's a rocky marriage and it made me sad to wonder if many marriages out there are or have been like that and to wonder how being so in love isn't enough it would seem, to keep a marriage going.
Love in the Afternoon: Audrey Hepburn and Gary Cooper, Cooper is a big player. Hepburn's father is a private detective and she uses stories from his files to make Cooper jelous and become a one woman man. It's a cute movie.
Paris When it Sizzles: This movie is funny because of the way it portrays Hollywood, and how accuratly. Hepburn and William Holden. It's kind of a strange movie but that's part of what makes it so funny. It's also a chance to see Tony Curtis play a little bit part.
The Maltese Falcon: I'd heard about this movie, or perhaps the book, for years and I finally got around to watching it and seeing the famed Sam Spade. I though this was a really good movie, good mystery and acting and a very good ending. Another movie with Bogie.
The African Queen: This is only a partial report because the DVD was too scratched up to play the whole movie. I liked what I saw. It stars Katherine Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. I haven't seen any movies with Katherine Hepburn for a while and I'd forgotten what a wonderful actress she was. I'll try and get a better copy of the movie and report when I do.

No comments: