Friday, December 11, 2009

I seem to have fallen off of my theme for the month. It's been a rather busy week, and on top of that I've been working on making my time more productive. I'm not trying to whine, I know I'm far less busy than many people, especially this time of year. I love a lot of things about this time of year however I think it's also very easy to become too busy, and to get overwhelmed. It's important to take a deep breath to calm down and refocus ones'self and perhaps find new perspective about things. Moments of quite and contemplation are important for, to remeber the root of our seasonal holidays, whichever that may be, to think of others or to give thanks for how blessed we are.
I believe tonight's the first night of Hanukkah, so a Happy Hanukkah to any out there who may be celebrating it. I like to celebrate Hanukkah by having latkes, they're quite delicious.
I'm really grateful that I can go to the temple again today, I love the peace and the spirit that I can feel there. I find that going to the temple puts life in perspective for me, things seem more possible after going, some things seem far less important, it's wonderful.

No comments: