Wednesday, October 28, 2009

five year planning

So in school when I took Business Practices For Artists, I was required to make a five year plan to help me accomplish my goals in life. I did a mediocer job but my goals have changed a fair bit since then, when I was contemplating a masters and possibly even a PhD. I've put that goal away, atleast for now, it might come up some time in the future but I am only too happy not to be in school just now. Anyway I have made multiple attempts since graduating to make myself a new five year plan and I just haven't gotten very far. I don't know if you've ever made a five year plan but I find them hard, teadious and that almost anything seems better than working on one. This time though however, I am really going to do it.
This time I've been stopping to really think about what I want to do with my life, I don't want to waste time making goals and plans for things that just seemed like a good idea at the time. I have mountains of research and work ahead of me but slowly I will work my way through all of it. I will make this plan and accomplish my goals and move out of this transitory state between college and life.
One of my goals that I'm really excited about is the Rome Prize. I hadn't counted on not being able to apply until I've been working for three years but hey, I suppose that just gives me time to make my work really awesome so that there's no doubt about who should get it. Me!

1 comment:

crissy // mama boss said...

I don't think I could make a 5 year plan...I tend to just do things on a whim... (like having babies)
Thanks for the congrats : )